October is here! Ask any child on the street what that means, and inevitably the answer is “Halloween!!”. As the weather grows cooler, the big question looms:
The old standbys remain: ghost, vampire, witch, pumpkin. But maybe your child wants something a bit different this year. We thought we’d compile a list of ideas inspired by a characters from our beloved book club titles! We’ve divided them up by club, so first check out ideas from Disney/Pixar stories, well-known Dr. Seuss and His Friends characters, and Elmo and his pals! Let us know which ones jump out to you! (See links to costume sources below the gallery)
- Mickey Mouse via The Chirping Moms
- Mr. Smee from Peter Pan via Desert Chica Ramblings
- Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid via Creatively Blooming
- Sadness from Inside Out via Love and Lion
- Go, Dog. Go! via Redhead Baby Mama
- Thing One and Thing Two from The Cat in the Hat via How Does She?
- Sam I Am from Green Eggs and Ham via The Mom Creative
- No Sew Elmo from Sesame Street via Girl Loves Glam
- Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street via The Poop (SF Gate Parenting)
So, will it be one of these for your little one, or something new altogether? Will you make your child’s character costume, will they help you, or will you buy one? And, will YOU dress up this Halloween?
Also, October is a great time to break out the spooky and seasonal stories to get in the autumn spirit. Check out these classic titles for a fun, seasonal read-aloud: