Dr. Seuss had a unique ability to write for children and speak to everyone. His books were artfully written with often silly, melodious rhyme, but the ideas he conveyed were big – and apply to children and adults alike. This makes him a particularly “quotable” author. We’ve put together a selection of favorite Dr. Seuss quotes, or “Seussisms“, in this printable poster. Feel free to download, print and hang these “10 Thinks You Can Think from Dr. Seuss” on your wall, in celebration of Dr. Seuss’s birthday (or any day of the year).
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you know, the more places you’ll go!” – I Can Read with My Eyes Shut
- “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – The Lorax
- “You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot; For the people and places, you’re lucky you’re not!” – Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Theodor Seuss Geisel AKA Dr. Seuss
- “It is better to know how to learn than to know.” – Theodor Seuss Geisel
- “You have to be smart and keep watching their feet. Because sometimes they stand on their tiptoes and cheat.” – Happy Birthday to You!
- “Think left and think right, and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think, if only you try!” – Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
- “Don’t give up, I believe in you all! A person’s a person, no matter how small!” – Horton Hears a Who
- “And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent, guaranteed.)” – Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
- “Today is your day, your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!” – Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
Or click to take our Dr. Seuss Who Said It Quiz!