Have you ever thought about the emotional benefits you can receive from taking a minute out of your day to sit down and read aloud to your “baby bump”? It might sound silly, but there are many reasons to try it.
- Reading gives you an excuse to put your feet up—a welcome relief if you have swollen ankles or feet!
- It relaxes you—and your baby. Reading or singing forces you to breathe more deeply and regularly.
- It builds excitement about being able to share favorite childhood books with your little bundle when he or she finally arrives.
- It helps other family members, including daddy-to-be or sibling, bond with the baby.
- Reading helps you focus and calm your mind, which is especially good to practice before giving birth.
- It helps establish a healthy habit of reading even before your baby is born.
Read more about Prenatal Reading.
Click on your child’s age below to read the full article on Why Read to Kids: The Emotional Rewards.